Bill's | London

Photo via Bill's

Photo via Bill's

Photo via Bill's












The first time I came across Bill's was when I visited a friend in Oxford. We had brunch there and was impressed by the concept of the restaurant and quality of the food. Just this week, P and I was heading towards Kingsland Road for some Vietnamese but ended up at Bill's in Hoxton Square. It was the terrace that attracted us since it was a rather sunny day. We have learnt to soak up as much Vitamins D as possible while in London as you never know what the weather's installed for us the next day.

We started from the terrace and later moved indoors as it became chilly. That did not stop us from enjoying the evening of well cooked food with quality ingredients. Kale chips was a good healthy start to snack on while our hungry tummy waited for the rest of the food. The pork ribs was tender and succulent with chips that's crisp and fluffy. The coleslaw could have been more moist. It was on the dry side. The fish and chips was good though could have more crisp on the batter. Our happiest moment was when we had our dessert alongside a glass of port. The eton mess was refreshing and not too sweet but the warm treacle tart with honeycomb ice cream was star of the evening! The tart itself was enough to make me return for more.

Bill's is worth visiting especially for a cosy and casual dine out plus a little romance. The staff was a joy, very friendly and nice. They were still very nice when I accidentally knock off the glass on the table behind me while I was wearing my jacket. I'm still not sure whether it was the port's fault or just my pure clumsiness.

Bill's Restaurant - Hoxton Square

1 Hoxtp Square
N1 6NULondon,UK
Tel: +44 (0)20 739 7689

Bill's Restaurant on Urbanspoon

0 comments :

Post a Comment