Victoria Sandwich with a Twist | Raspberry and Cream Brown Sugar Victoria Sandwich





One happy and sunny Tuesday, I decided to make a cake to celebrate! Something simple that is yummy and effortless. I have to say it was a little experimental, as with most of my cooking.
On my way home, I bought some double cream and fresh raspberries, not knowing exactly what I was going to make. I flipped through fancy cookbooks, with cake or biscuit bases of genoise, sable and even dacquoise.

I finally settled on the simple and straightforward Victoria Sponge recipe by Mary Berry. I have adapted her recipe, swapping with a few ingredients. See below for the recipe.


Brown Sugar Victoria Sandwich Recipe

Recipe adapted from Mary Berry's Perfect Victoria Sandwich

Ingredients:


  • 4 free range eggs,
  • 225g dark brown sugar
  • 225g plain flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
  • 225g soft butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

Please click here for methods of making the sponge cake.

Raspberry and Cream Recipe:


  • Raspberry jam
  • 400g Fresh raspberries
  • 300ml double cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 4 tbsp icing sugar

Method:


1.  Make the 2 layers of sponge cake as instructed in the link above.
2.  Mix double cream, vanilla extract and icing sugar and whip until soft peak. Set aside.
3.  Spread a generous amount of raspberry jam and whipped cream then arrange a layer of fresh raspberries on a layer of the cooled sponge cake.
4.  Cover the cake with the remaining whipped cream.
5.  Decorate with some fresh raspberries, mint leaves and chocolate.




0 comments :

Post a Comment