Chocolate Show 2014 | London

It is that time of the year again. It's Salon du Chocolat's second year in London which has now been renamed to Chocolate Show instead. Salon du Chocolat in Paris has always been massive and very successful. They will be celebrating the 20th anniversary this year so it will be even better this time around with over 500 participants from all over the world. 

As much as I would love to be in Paris, I have prioritised myself to attend one of my closest friend's wedding in Spain so I am sure I will be able to experience it through my fellow blogger friends when it is all over.

Instead of attending the Paris event, I have opted for the London Chocolate Show since we have been invited to attend the Gala on Thursday. The first thing I realised was the slight change in venue to a smaller space Olympia West instead of the main exhibition hall.

We managed to have a wonder around, have a few bites of chocolate and mingle before the Fashion Show began. We noticed some main chocolatier / brands not exhibiting. Saying that, the chocolates we tasted were still of quality.

Willy Wonka cast from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Musical opened the show

When the show started, we were braced with Willy Wonka from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Musical opening the show. I thought that was great and a pleasant surprise. Next up was the dance performance by a group of dancers painted with chocolate images on their bare skin.

I could not keep my eyes off those chocolate painted six packs. Hah! 


Next up were the Fashion Show and a sneak peak. There were less than 10 chocolate dresses on the catwalk so I was slightly disappointed, to be honest. Lucky there were some chocolate dresses worth seeing. 

The dress in collaboration between Lindt chocolate and Paul Wayne Gregory. The dress is covered with sprayed on chocolate.

The dress covered in Chocolate squares, made by Anita Thakker of Fruitful Blooms


At the Chocolate Show, I personally enjoyed the Chocolate Theatre the most last year. And this year, there are a list of talented chocolatiers and chefs demonstrating which I think is worth watching. Do check the schedule so you don't miss the demonstrations you would like to attend. Make sure you get to the theatre slightly before the time it starts to find yourself a seat to enjoy it to the fullest. 

Not to miss are Francois Delaire of L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon, Barry Johnson of Rococo, Hideko Kawa ex-head pastry chef of The Fat Duck, and many more of your choice.

Not forgetting, we spotted the talented contestants from Great British Bake Off!

And we went home with some of these dried cocoa beans


Chocolate Show London

Olympia West
Hammersmith Road Kensington
17th - 19th October 2014

  

0 comments :

Post a Comment