Les Deux Magots for best hot chocolate | Paris

When I was promised that Les Deux Magots makes the best hot chocolate, I was doubtful. As I uttered, “That was a big statement” giving him my unconvinced gaze, I did not have high hopes. I would think they will serve a good cup of hot chocolate. The best!? Is that really possible? 

As we entered, we were shown to one of their tiny tables with only a hand width apart from the next table. The two Parisian ladies had their eyes on me, staring up and down. Who knows what was going on in their heads; either I had some sort of mud all over me or that they were in awe of my stunning self. I will like to believe it is the latter.


So here came a pot with two empty cups. As we poured the silky chocolate liquid that was thick with a perfect consistency, the alluring smell wafted through my breathing tubes. So far, it has captured many of my senses. Then came the ultimate form of judgement, taste! I lifted the cup close to my lips and couldn't help but took a long inhalation to soak up all there was to smell. One sip, and my eyes went “ding!” wide open, sat up straight, smiled, sip again and then the sound of jackpot hits every part of my senses! It was one memorable courtship with this extraordinary warm chocolate liquid.





Smile..


I have had a fair share of good hot chocolates and well, this has been the best so far.
This is one famous cafe, where the likes of Pablo Picasso and Ernest Hemingway were patrons of.

Frown..

It's not in London!! :( 


Will I return?

Oui Oui Oui!!


Les Deux Magots

6 Place Saint-Germain des Prés,
75006 Paris, France

Tel: +33 145 485 525


0 comments :

Post a Comment