Baked Camembert Pasta

I was not a big cheese fan but camembert, I love! Since I moved to England, I am starting to like cheese a lot more than I used to. But of course, anything mature is still too over powering for my liking. Although, I might change my mind as I mature myself as I used to hate goats cheese but now, I like it especially with watermelon. My rare craving for cheese this particular night was pretty specific. Baked camembert! So instead of having it with some baguette, I decided to make pasta!

This is really quick and simple with every piece of fusili coated with camembert.


BAKED CAMEMBERT PASTA RECIPE

Ingredients:

  • Camembert
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 stalk rosemary

  • Fusili (or any other pasta)
  • 1 courgette (ribbon & cubed)
  • 1 red capsicum (cubed)
  • 6 mushrooms (quartered)
  • 1 onion
  • 1/2 chilli (optional)
  • Sea salt & ground black pepper to taste

To bake camembert:


  1. Remove the plastic wrapping of the camembert and place it back into the wooden case.
  2. Stuff cut pieces of garlic and rosemary into the camembert as pictured above.
  3. Bake camembert for 10 minutes or until soft.

To cook pasta:

  1. Boil fresh fusili in salted water with olive oil until al dante. Drain and leave aside.
  2. On a separate pan, heat some olive oil and saute the onions, garlic and chilli until soft an fragrant.
  3. Add the cubed courgette and red capsicum into the pan.
  4. Cook until the vegetables are slightly soft but still have some bite to them.
  5. Toss in the cooked pasta and soft gooey baked camembert until well mixed.
  6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

0 comments :

Post a Comment