The Folly Bar

Walking pass The Folly Bar is enough to capture your attention. It is a great change to see such a green bar and restaurant in the city. No wonder they call it 'The City's Secret Garden'. The moment I spotted The Folly, I knew it will be one of my favourite restaurant / cafe / bar, even before I tried the food or drinks. Yes, I was judging the book by its cover. Don’t most people do that anyway!?





One day, I decided to prove my assumption accurate so arranged to meet a friend for brunch. As expected, as soon as I walked in, I thought what charming space to have brunch on a late Saturday morning. I was seated at the table very promptly by a lovely staff and I could not stop soaking up the ambience that I admire so much. It was really pleasant to be welcomed by fresh green plants at the entrance and then feed the senses with wooden tables, cosy seating, hanging chair and mix of my favourite Eames DSW chairs dotted around, plus vintage cups and plates.


Eggs Florentine

The Fully Loaded @ Full English breakfast, Folly style

Very big portion of roast chicken with chips, vegetables and yorkshire pudding. This could have fed four instead of two.

I have been here for many occasions; for brunch, late lunch, after work drinks and I must say it is spacious and very versatile. It is great for friendly catch up, less formal date, small or large gatherings of after work drinks, even great for birthday parties.
The space downstairs. I like the round tables with seats scooped around it.

A more cave-like experience in a slightly more enclosed space.

There is even a private room with screen and long table for private meetings or for intimate private group dinner. Please read my guest post entitled 'Summer focus group: Strangers turned Eduranto friends' which I was gladly invited to, at The Folly Private Room. There was a good selection of finger food and sharing boards, all very well presented and tasty.
Beautiful and cosy private room with long wooden tables

Interesting decoration in the private room

Trio of fries. My favourite was the Cowboy fries (honey, chilli) although it got a little soggy underneath because of the sauce. The other two were chunky and crispy.

Chicken satay with prawn crackers and peanut sauce. This is no where near an authentic Malaysian / Indonesian satay, but they were decent chicken skewers with slightly diluted peanut sauce. 

Juicy and tasty Puglia marinated olives

Mediterranean flat bread 


The Folly Bar is definitely on my 'to return to' list.

THE FOLLY BAR

41 Gracechurch Street
London, EC3V 0BT

Tel + 44 (0) 845 468 0102

The Folly on Urbanspoon

1 comment :

  1. Hi ,

    Your first post just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/52/1559754/restaurant/Bank/The-Folly-London

    ReplyDelete