July just disappeared

It has been a while since my last post, and it is now August! I can't believe how time flies. The last I remembered was June, filled with interesting events, museums, drinks, parties, Wimbledon and concerts. But July seem to sail by so quickly it seem to have just disappeared. I guess that's good? But not everything vanished from my memory. My last minute and the only summer holiday has been the highlight of July. It was pretty spontaneous cause the flight was booked literally a week ahead. And where did I go? It's not Nice, not Barcelona nor it is Sardinia. It was Szczecin in Poland! Yes I know, you probably haven't heard of this city and anyone going to Poland for the first time like me, would have gone to Warsaw or Krakow which would have been more exciting. But I was visiting, so there's a very good reason for me to be there. On the plus side, it's a beautiful city with history and great salsa parties.

Google street view of Szczecin at night. This is the beautiful Chrobry Embankment (Waly Chrobrego).

A picture taken from under the tree on the Chrobry Embankment

Maiden's Tower (also known as The Tower of Seven Coats) of early 14th century

St James' Cathedral

Before signing off, I would like to share the recipe of a simple yet delicious cake I made which left M's mum and granny with one word each; SUPER and 'dobre'. Here is the recipe of the 'Yogurt and brown sugar cake' from one of my favourite blogger. Aran served her cake with seven spice ice cream but if you deem it too much effort, spread some kaya on it. I think it will match perfectly. Try it and let me know.

The very simple yet delicious 'Yogurt and Brown Sugar Cake'. As I have not taken a photo of the cake, I've shared this photo taken by Aran of Canelle et Vanille.

2 comments :

  1. Wow that looks delicious! If I had an oven I'd try to recreate that too, thanks for intro'ing your friend Aran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, great food's to share =) you don't have an oven?

    ReplyDelete